Aesthetic And Reliable Zirconia Porcelain Crowns
The Centre for Aesthetic and Implant Dentistry boasts a team of dedicated, highly skilled and experienced cosmetic dentists whose expertise can help you achieve a much-improved look and function of your teeth with porcelain crowns.
With a premium on-site dental laboratory equipped with advanced technology, we ensure that all dental crowns are made to the highest aesthetic and functional standards to achieve the best possible results for you.
Porcelain Crowns also known as dental crowns or tooth crowns are made of ceramic that look and feel just like your natural tooth enamel. A dental crown is simply a tooth-shaped cap that completely covers the tooth to restore its original shape and size while protecting the underlying tooth from further deterioration. Dental crowns are stronger and allow also more versatility, compared to Porcelain Veneers, in changing the contour, orientation, and shade of a tooth.
In some instances where there is a missing tooth next to the teeth that require crowns, those teeth may also be used as abutments to support a porcelain dental bridge. A dental bridge is a segment of dental crowns that are joined together to replace a missing tooth or to help provide added strength and stability to teeth.
INDICATIONS FOR Porcelain Crowns:
This treatment may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or fracture.
- Restore a broken or worn tooth
- Support a tooth with a large filling
- Cover misshapen or discoloured teeth
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Protect tooth that has had root canal treatment
KEY BENEFITS TO Porcelain Crowns MAY INCLUDE:
- Natural and improved appearance
- Support and protection of compromised teeth
- Restore normal or improved function
- Stronger and longer lasting than veneers
Before & Afters
- This procedure requires two appointments:
- On the first visit the tooth is prepared by reducing its circumference to make room for the dental crown. An impression is taken of the prepared tooth to fabricate the exact shape and fit of the porcelain crown. This takes approximately 2 weeks depending on the type of dental crown. A plastic temporary tooth crown is fitted for the interim period.
- On the second visit the temporary crown is removed and the final porcelain crown is permanently cemented into place.
- 1/265 Burwood Highway, Burwood East, Victoria 3151