Fixed Teeth Replacement With Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is one of a number of alternatives for replacing missing teeth. Dental bridges replace a missing tooth by means of two, or more, crowns which are ‘bridged’ by an additional tooth over the site of the missing tooth, as shown in the diagram on the right.
INDICATIONS FOR Fixed Dental Bridges:
This treatment may be needed in the following situations:
- Replacement of missing teeth especially when the adjacent teeth are somewhat compromised and are indicated for crowns.
- It is essential to replace missing teeth or a single missing tooth due to the numerous potential dental problems described in the oral health section ‘Why Replace Missing Teeth’ that may result in further tooth loss.
KEY BENEFITS TO Fixed Dental Bridges MAY INCLUDE:
- Replacement of a missing tooth, or teeth
- Natural, or improved, appearance
- Support and protection to compromised teeth
- Restoration of normal, or improved, function